• In the Spotlight:

is it safe to take dramamine for morning sickness?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ok nothing is "safe" besides tylenol during pregnancy but dramamine is in the next safest pregnancy group so its just as "safe" as any prescription anti-nausa meds. I took it for weeks with my first son (before I got put on anti-nausea prescription meds) and he turned out fine. And BTW... my midwife knew that I was taking it
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I don't think so. If it was safe why wouldn't they have recommended it when I told them I needed something for nausea?

MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 4:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• It's pregnancy catagory B, which means that it is safe to take. However, you should call your doctor/midwife to make sure they know and okay it before you take that or any other medication while pregnant.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 5:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My doctor recommended it for dizziness. I would go ahead and give your doctor a call just in case, but it should be fine.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 6:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Ginger is good for nausea and peppermint oil as well. Both are natural and VERY safe for pregnancy.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2009