What is up w/ cheating Politicians?

Now, the head of the Republican Governers Assoc. just admitted to having an affair w/ a "friend" in Argentina. It just makes me so sad that these are the people we are trusting to run our country. Democrat or Republican, it makes no difference. The fact that these people can't even be trustworthy to their family, is a huge statement as to how selfish, & dishonest most Politicians are towards their own country. Is there ONE politician out there regardless of the party, that is trustworthy enough to help run this country? I know just about all politicians lie, i guess i just wish it did not have to be that way, .

What makes these fellows drivin to cheat, & lead dirty lives? Does being a politician make them think they're invincible?

samurai_chica

Asked by samurai_chica at 3:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think there is some level of Sociopathy involved in anyone that is able to get "to the top" in politics. I don't trust politicians and IMHO, they're not in the business of "trust" either.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ap_on_re_us/us_sc_governor_where

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE ARTICLE IF YOU WANT TO READ IT

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I think with power comes greed and with greed comes invincibility and so on. It's tragic really and I always feel bad for the families involves. Affairs suck balls to begin with but to have it played out in the public must make things extremely hard.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 3:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• MEN cheat in general. Not all men. Women cheat, too. It's part of the temptation we face every day. MANY people are not strong enough to resist. JFK cheated. Clinton cheated. And the were the head of the Executive Branch of the federal government...

But I think that, if they weren't politicians, they would have cheated anyway. It's because they're politicians that it's all over the news. If they were normal, every day people they would have cheated, but it wouldn't not have been publicized.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 3:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• 50% of Marriages end in divorce, the majority of them because someone cheated. People just don't care about the vows they made. Politicians are just regular people who have lives splashed all over the airwaves. I say go on and let his family take care of this in the way they want to without the cameras.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• You think so Christaberk? I guess SOME would still cheat, like Bill Clinton. But i DO think that the power gets to their head, & makes them feel like their allowed to in a way. The money makes a difference too i think. I mean, some of these politicians were paying top dollar for prostitutes. My SO says it's part of the lifestyle of politicians....i REALLY don't want to think that is true.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Why makes any man do that? It doesn't make it any worse or better because they are politicians...it still a scummy thing to do no matter what. It just happens to be more public when they get caught.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 3:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I guess i just would like to think, that if your going to be a public figure, that you should try hard to keep your name good, & try to show the country that you have good family values. It just gets under my skin i guess. Anyone cheating gets under my skin. And yes, it must be very hard to have it all on the spot light. They are normal people, like everyone else. But have some class....ESPECIALLY if your a friggen public figure!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Any person who lies and secretly builds an intimacy or just plain has sex with someone while they are in a supposedly commited relationship with another is a person of low moral character. There is no excuse. This same person thinks nothing of stealing because their actions show it's okay to take what you want with no regard to anybody else. The lowest of the low.
    Anonymous

• But the "riskiness" of cheating, especially when you're in the public eye so much, is a HUGE part of why people do it! It's more exciting that way. More of a turn-on. More of a "drug" that way...
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 3:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2009