Fatigue

I have been sooo tired lately no matter how much sleep I get. I have a 3yo and a 4 month old baby. The baby has been sleeping thru the night for 2 mos now yet I'm still tired. I almost fall asleep at work everyday. I have been taking meds for low thyroid for years and did recently have my levels checked again. I thought that was the prob but the test came back saying my levels are fine. Any suggestions??

amys2boys

Asked by amys2boys at 3:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Health

• you have 2 kids and a job, you're going to be tired
    Anonymous

• Are you drinking enough water? Being even the teeniest bit dehydrated can leave you feeling droopy. Make sure that you are drinking at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day; add a glass for every soda or caffeinated beverage.
    Are you eating a healthy diet? Every day you should have the following: 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables in at least 3 differeng colors; 6 servings of whole grains; 2 servings of legumes (beans, tofu, lentils, etc.).
    Eating meat and dairy can make your whole body sluggish, so try to limit them to once or twice a week, or eliminate them completely.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Have your iron levels checked...and make sure they check your ferratin levels as well as your regular iron levels. Ferratin is the iron that your body STORES. My body doesn't store iron very well so I have to take prescription supplements. Sometimes I have to have IV iron treatments. But I know when my levels are low I am super wiped-out, can't drag myself out of bed tired.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 10:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2009