Do you sweep and mop every single day?

I'm trying to get into the habit of at least sweeping every day. This is the first home I've lived in with hardwood floors, so the dirt is *so* much more visible, and it drives me crazy. I don't mop every day though, for some reason it feels like more work to me, lmao.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 3:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Ha!!! ROTFLMAO- no way I can sweep of mop everyday!! Nice thought though!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• No effing way!! I have way too much going on in my life to worry about some dirt!!
    Anonymous

• Hahahaha :D I don't sweep every room in the house every day of course good lord no. I pretty much stick to the living room every day, and the kitchen whenever I can manage it. I do a sweep of the whole house maybe once a month.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• yes. its a pain but we have white tile , a toddler and a long haired cat. i dont mop the entier house every day but i always do the kitchen floor daily and living room floor daily. the other rooms dont need it as much
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I sweep the kitchen and dining room at least once a day, sometimes more, and mopping only gets done like once a month. If there is a big spill I will mop more.
    I have carpet in the rest of the house and it gets vacuumed once a day in the livingroom.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I al also living in an all wood floored house. Upstairs and downstairs...all wood. >.< lol! I miss the days I could just run the vacuum real quick! Yesterday I swept and mopped the whole house. Today, I may sweep the kitchen...but that's about it. There's no way that's an everyday thing! haha.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 4:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I have two dogs, a child, and a bunch of males running in and out of this house that has no carpet. So, I do own a vaccum (makes it so much easier to clean the floors quickly), and yes, I mop and vaccum the floors every day. But behind stuff like t.v or dresser that is only once a month..I just do a quick mop to have my floors shine.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 5:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i have a dog a baby and nice oak hardwood floors so yes i sweep daily and mop on my hands and knees every other day
    Anonymous

• i have a very large german shepherd so yes i sweep everyday or i could make a pillow out of his fur.we just had the floors done so they are shiney now .....
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Heck no! I try to do it at least once a week! But it sometimes lapses!
    BoysRuleMyHome

Answer by BoysRuleMyHome at 5:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2009