• In the Spotlight:

why is it

that there are so many women who say drs try to make them be induced or c-sec. just because?
I've been to many doctors, and they all say that they would never do that. Along with all my friends.

I understand dr.'s might be joking around during holiday seasons because of the holiday, but i don't think that they would actually tell you ' i don't want to be on call for you from x/xx to x/xx because i have more important things to do'. you know?

I don't know. maybe i just got lucky, and never had to deal with anyone like this. .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My dr induced with my first son because he was a week late and i begged him to get the bugger out. The c-section with him was emergency, so there was no planning that. My second son was 2 wks early and born via c-section (planned, but he wanted out early). And that's because my dr doesn't do VBAC unless you REALLY push him and he informs you of all the risks.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i was induce with my second baby because he had way too much fluid and labor wasnt coming on its own, that and i was in so much pain from it all.
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• MY DR ONLY WORKS EVERY OTHER WEEKEND AND IF YOU DUE DATE LANDS ON HIS DAY OFF WHICH MINE DOES HE LIKE TO INDUCE THE FRIDAY BEFORE HAND OR THE FOLLOWING MONDAY... I THINK HE SHOULD BE AT MY BECK AND CALL BUT IF HE WAS LIKE THAT FOR ALL HIS PATIENTS HE WOULD NEVER SLEEP SO I KINDA UNDERSTAND.
    Anonymous

• i was induced with my second because my first labor was so fast and with the distance I would have to drive to the hospital the dr. was worried that I wouldn't make it to the hospital on time.
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My Doctor did induce me with my first two days before Christmas. He was going out of town for a week and I had already gone in to preterm labor earlier that month which they had stopped. He didn't want me delivering while he was gone.
    Anonymous