i need someone to help me with my 18yrs old daughter? b4 i lose my mind!!

i have been having a very difficult time dealing with her.she is sooo hard to deal with

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• ok, sooo...she is 18. Without knowing any of the specifics of your problems, all I can say is this:

She is an adult. If she is not abiding by your house rules, and is giving you a hard time, it is time for her to move out.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I am close enough to her age to maybe answer any of your questions... just ask me and i'll try and help...
    USNmomwife

Answer by USNmomwife at 3:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• and a side note*** unless a child is in the military or married.. adult age is now 21 not 18.
    USNmomwife

Answer by USNmomwife at 3:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Maybe in your state it's 21. In mine a person is a legal adult the day they turn 18. Does that mean they should have to move out on their birthday? Not necessarily. But they should still abide by the rules of their parents' home and if they can't they should find somewhere else to live.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 2:06 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• We need more specifics....the solutions are in a clear understanding of the problem itself! If you want more help, please share the specifics!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 11:36 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I myself am not much older then 18.. I moved out of my moms hosue at 16(for good) i was out of there at 15 but went back. So io dont know to much of the mother daughter conflicts at that age but im sure ill find out when my daughter hits it. But like other moms have said we dont know esactly the problem maybe if you could give us more details(even in a private msg) we can help u out a little more. I would also agree with the mom who said shes 18, shes an adult,.. maybe she needs to move out.. my mom and i got aslong much much better ocne i was outa the house:P
    ashley2308

Answer by ashley2308 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Kick her out
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• im a 18 year old ahe may be going though a faze and will get out of it soon if not try to talk to her
    Anonymous

• im 18 ..she's qoiqn thru a teen phasee..leavinq hiqhschool..gettinq older maturinq !!! she'll hit a dose of reality sooner or later..until she starts disrespectinq yu ..let her do her own thinq..trust mi im 18 & preqo reality hit hard..yu are forced to qrow up !!
    Mamii2Be

Answer by Mamii2Be at 2:13 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I'm having the same problem with my 18 y.o. dd who has had a nasty, rude attitude for 6 years. I do think I know what you mean but still some more details might help a little bit in getting your question answered. Maybe you have the same problem as I do. I'd really like to ask the ladies here who are about that age....what is it that you think our 18 y.o. daughters are wanting? Asking my dd has not helped. I can't talk to her when she's being pissy but she won't talk about the problem when things are calm either. I was far from perfect but I NEVER treated my mom like I've been treated. I give my dd her own space, yet always remain available if she wants to talk about something. She'll never talk about her attitude though - I don't think she realizes what she's doing! She has everything she needs yet I'm at my wits end because she has always blown up and fought over the stupidest things. She is so rude and arrogant. Why?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jul. 23, 2009