How to get A Refund?

Our long time Car insurance keeps Raising our Rates Each time! We have A perfect Record . No accidents or filing of claims! But being jobless we asked if they can help us! They couldn't! I even called to be sure to give them one more chance before we had to go onto A better CO. How do I get A Refund? How far back do I ask for?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 4:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• You should call them and ask what you need to do to cancel your policy. I'm pretty sure they legally have to return the unused portion of your coverage. I've gotten a check back from my insurance co. before but I wasn't expecting it.
    Anonymous

• You can only be refunded for anything you've paid ahead- for example, you have a six month premium that you've paid in full, but are only 4 months into it. You should be able to get a refund for the two months you won't be using it for. But you can get refunded for months gone past. You were using their services at that point, regardless of whether or not you got into an accident. They won't refund you for that.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 4:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• You won't get a refund for what you have paid previously. If you cancel your policy, you MAY get a refund for the time you cancelled until your next payment is due. Also, your rates aren't determined just by driving record and lack of accidents, it is also determined by your credit rating.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2009