can diarahea be caused by stress.. ?

i have had some intense couple of weeks.. some very stressful things have happend to me.. and my tummy has been hurting alot. and i about went to the bathroom on myself today. stress and cause diarhea right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Health

• Oh, it definitely can! Stress can do some crazy stuff to your body, and gastro-intestinal issues are only one of them!
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 4:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• It sure can! I've got a terrible nervous stomach and if I"m nervous or stressed or upset about things..........Bang....I have stomach problems!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Yes it can. And besides, stress can make you more vulnerable to whatever is going around. Try to eliminate some things that are stressful that you can stop at this stressful time, you can pick them up again later.

Answer by Bmat at 4:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Stress is what keeps me regular! When I get super stressed, sure enough, I'm runnin for the bathroom! Sorry for any visuals!
    Gandeluv

Answer by Gandeluv at 4:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Stress can most certainly cause one to have the trots. My dad was one of the worst cases I've ever seen of that malady.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2009