What is wrong with me????

I'm 36, and in generally good health. I just can't stand being outside in the heat. If it's more than 80, I feel like I'm going to pass out!! My LO loves to be outside and I feel bad pushing him off on his brother because I can't take the heat.... literally! Anyone else feel this way, or could it be a symptom of something else? I've never had this problem in summers past. Or am I just getting old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Health

• As I have gotten older (now 49) my tolerance for the heat has dropped. Eliminating meat and dairy from your diet will definitely help you, along with drinking lots of water (at least 8 8oz glasses a day), staying away from refined suger and other processed foods, and focusing your diet on frutis and vegetables (7-8 servings a day, in at least 3 different colors), whole grains (6 servings a day) and legumes (2 servings a day).

Answer by rkoloms at 8:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR!!!

Why do people insist on asking major health questions here? We are NOT doctors, nor can anyone diagnose you over a computer screen. GO TO YOUR DOCTOR!
    Anonymous

• O.k. asshole! It was just a question. It's not like she said she was having a heart attack and looking here for advice! What kinds of health questions would be appropriate? I stubbed my toe?
    Anonymous

• Far more suitable than, "I feel like I'm going to die when I got outside, so what's wrong with me?"
    Anonymous

• You ARE an asshole. Because of this fabulous economy I have no health insurance and I don't have the money to pay for a visit unless it's an emergency. Thought one of the helpful mothers on here might ease my mind by saying it's normal. Would you like to send me a check to cover the expense? Yeah.... didn't think so!
    Anonymous

• lol wow what a bitch..... i'm the same way & i'm only 26 but alot of mine has to do with being pregnant... i'm also anemic and have heart problems, it could be an underlying heart condition...maybe not, idk stay hydrated as much as you can, i'm about to take my dd outside in her kiddie pool & it's 97 here i gotta get some water bleh!
    Anonymous

• I do kind of feel like I did when I was pregnant. The heat just wears me out!! I feel fine when I'm in the a/c.
    Anonymous

• IT COULD BE JUST THE HEAT WHERE IT'S SO HOTTTTTTT IT'S LIKE IN THE 60'S HERE AND IM IN MY 30'S AS WELL AMD IM LIKE MAN I NEED TO COOL OFF AND I NEVER WAS LIKE THAT I LAYED IN THE SUN EVERY SUMMER BUT NOW IM LIKE WOOW IT TO HOT ..AND WITH SUM PEOPL ON HERE ACTIN SMART LIKE THAT I ASK WHY ? WHY DO U HAVE TO B SO NASTY TO PEOPLE JUST BC THAY ASK A ? DONT MEAN THAY ARE ASKIN SOME1 TO GIVE THEM A MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS ..EVERY1 IS ON HERE TO JUST ASK IF SOME1 ELES HAS BEEN THREW
    WHAT THAIR GOING THREW OR HOW THAY FEEL ABOUT SOMETHING
    Anonymous

• SORRY I WAS TRYING TO SAY 90'S NOT 60'S LOL
    Anonymous

• i almost passed out today it was 90 and i cant stand the heat it might be normal it might not be it could be alot of things but if you really feel the need and its something serious id talk to your doc otherwise what i do in the summers is bring a glass with like mayb 3 or 4 ice cubes in it and ice water so you could stay cool and get one of those minnie fans it really helps me but i also have alot of diseases like diabeties and among other conditions . so if you feel its serious go to the doc and make an appointment but good luck to you try to beat the heat i kno its not easy but do the best you can ok
    rainingglass101

Answer by rainingglass101 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2009