crib bumpers

Is it safe to put back in the crib once the baby is 8 months? WHen does the risk of sids go down?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• it should be fine i kept mine in there it'll keep him from smacking his head on the sides
    Anonymous

• I took mine out b/c she was pulling up and using them to try to get out of her crib. The crib looks bare without them, but it's safer for her. I didn't pull them b/c of SIDS risk
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 4:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• We bought a mesh bumper so he was able to breathe if he did go to the side. At 6 months my son started getting his arms and legs stuck in the railings, so it has worked great.
    Anonymous

• I saw those mesh ones and they look prety cool! The only thing I don't like about them is that they aren't plump and soft.
    I have bumper pads in my granddaughter's crib - she is 4 months old and started sleeping in it last month. I prefer for her to sleep on her side so I rest her back up against the bumper pad and she faces inwards to the crib. She's just begun rolling over so she is in a different position when I go up to get her...lol.
    When she was in her cradle, I didn't use any bumper pads.
    I believe at 8 months your child will be just fine. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I used them around that time because he used to have lines on his head from the crib bars he would push his head against it. Once he started pulling himself up on them I took them out though. The other thing is it gets really annoying trying to change the sheet everytime he wet through or puked on it because you have to take the whole damn thing apart.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 5:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2009