one thing i dont get.....

one thing i never understood is...when my grandma passed away from cancer/tumor/ucler..some people would tell me its ok theres no more suffering she wont remember anything or anyone and then later tell me its ok she's watching over you...ok if you say she wont remember anything then why would she be watching over me?from what you jus said she wont remember me so then she cant be! but what is it. and why do you think that way? cuz honestly you will never know but what do you believe? do they pass away and not remember ANYTHING or do they pass away and feel no more pain but they know everything bout they're life and remember you and watch over you???

kuuipo317

Asked by kuuipo317 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't believe that our relatives who are in Heaven are watching over us. I do believe that God has the power to send us comfort through what means we can comprehend and accept. If for one it's allowing the image of "grandma" to comfort you - I believe that it's possible. However, I don't believe that your actual grandma's soul/spirit is there and I certainly don't believe that grandma knows what's going on in your life. How could Heaven be a place of peace, no tears, no sorrow if grandma is looking down on you crying because someone broke your heart?
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• i dont believe in an afterlife so you just die...but my mom believes when you die you remember all your loved ones and watch over them, but no pain etc.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Here's the thing. No one really knows what happens when we die; only the dead do. We can guess but that's all it is; it's guessing.

Pain is relative to the earthly body. Once we are not in our earthly bodies anymore, we do not feel pain. As for remembering things; who is to say. We'll know when we get there.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• well i know that its jus i dont get why people say one thing and then another...but jus kinda curious what everyone else thinks
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I believe that we remember everything for this life once we pass. We can watch over our loved ones and come to their aid if we want to. I have had personal experiences that make it almost impossible for me NOT to believe this.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• They're just trying to make you feel better. Everyone told that to my fiance when his mom died. He's been agnostic for many years though, so it didn't help at all.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Reasurring someone when a loved one passes away is what a parent does to protect a child from the pain of the loss...this is most likely why this was said to you...(as a child or and adult people will tell you this)
    I have told my gs that " yes it's sad to lose someone you love, but they are within our hearts and thoughts forever" I don't tell him or any one that they are watching over them bc no one knows for sure.
    I believe in reincarnation, that your spirit/soul goes to a resting place until it's time to be reborn to continue your lifes journey.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• ecc 9:5 says that the dead are conscious of nothing at all. so she's not in any pain. but she will be resurrected along w/everyone else so you'll see her again.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Because of personal experiences I have had, I DO believe they remember and watch over us, but they are not suffering because they no longer have a physical body with which to feel pain, discomfort, etc.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 7:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• exactly!!!!
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2009