Rich or Poor...

Do any of you ladies feel that your income or status effects the way you raise your children? In my sociology course i am reading a chapter that is a little offensive but may very well prove true. They state that parents of lower incomes teach their children more conformity were as parents with more dispensible income teach their children about creativity. Does parenting really have anything to do with the kind of money we make?? Cause if so we're screwed..LOL! I just wanted your intake on this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i think tis a load of crap! were "poor" and i teach creativity and indepandce to my boys, even if we rwere rich i would want toem to eb that way
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 4:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Well, I can understand that, actually.  Having more money can open up a lot more opportunities for children- music lessons, sports, art lessons...  When you're going from paycheck to paycheck and still in debt up to your ears, you're not going to have the extra money to send your kids to learn the piano or how to oil paint.  So I wouldn't necessarily consider it "teaching conformity" or "creativity", but I would definitely consider it a difference in opportunity that can lead to different paths in life.

Anonymous

• art lessons and piano lessons dont matter, i can teach creativity jsut as well with crayons and a keyboard,
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• OP_ true indeed.
    Anonymous

• ooooo yeaaaaaah....lol...Im in the poor class. lmao..but hell when i have the money everythin goes to my DD. Whenever i have a spare dollar. it sux ass. but yeah i feel like if they r rich then the kids get everything in the world and think they can get their way at everythin that they do, but the kids that have parents that can barely afford anythin r ones that really learn self respect and learn how to make a livin on their own. they learn responsibilty faster than the rich kids. its messed up
    kisses4myangels

Answer by kisses4myangels at 9:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2009