constipated.

my daughter is really constipated. since yesterday she's just been having just a lil poop come out and it like hangs from her butthole. so today i was gonna change her wet diaper and there was a lil poop again so i wiped it off and lifted her legs and she started pushing some out and she was turning so red and crying a lil and it was hard. i felt so bad. is there something i can give her any juice? shes gonna be 5 months july 3rd. i really dont want to go to the doctors when all there gonna say is give her this so and so juice or say just give her water.ive tried water and its not working. so what about the gerber prune juice or pear juice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my son was constipated at 4months the doctor told me to give him prune juice. It took about a day but it worked. GL!
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 4:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Mix 2 ounces of prune juice with 2 ounces of water. Give it to her once or twice a day (wait a day to see how it works for her) Works like a charm.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 5:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• If she's formula fed, that's most likely the cause of her constipation. Juice is not a miracle and babies shouldn't be having it. Go to kellymom.com and read about relactation. A lactation consultant will help you out. I promise it'll be the best thing you can do for your baby.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 5:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• my son is on soy formula and it constipates him but since we have started on jar foods the fruits have helped alot, his doctor said to give him gerber pear juice mixed with water. the pear juice is supposed to be milder on the tummy then the prune juice. i started with an oz of each mixed to make sure he didn't have a negative reaction then i moved up to 2 oz each and he liked it and it helped him go to the bathroom
    kelka24

Answer by kelka24 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• you can use prune juice, or the make laxative drops my little tummys that works.
    Anonymous