which of the following has a better income...

a cna or a rn?

im looking to get into the nursing field... but i dont know how to go about things... i was considering getting certified at the moment... to see if its for me... but what should i do first?

im in brooklyn, ny...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• You have to get your cna first. The differentce between a CNA and an RN is about 4 years or college and 60k/year.
    Anonymous

• Yep, if you get your CNA first some places will send you to school to get your RN degree...i know around my area the bonus checks for even a CNA are AWESOME right now..ppl are desperate for nurses of all kinds!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 5:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• RN. Cna's unfortunately don't make very much money. Here they're making about $7-$9 an hour. Its worth a little more school to make a lot more money. JMO!
    Anonymous

• An RN. YOu have to get a CNA before being accepted into a nursing program. Where I live, CNA's make about $8 an hour while RN's make anywhere from $20 an hour on up. For an RN, you can either go to a technical college or a 4 year college. My city has an awesome nursing program at the technical college, it takes about 2-3 years to complete while the CNA program takes 1 semester.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2009