Bi-sexual Christian

What would you say to a Christian who may be led to attractions to women, but does not let herself because she feels it is wrong?

Do you think she should continue to follow her beliefs?

Or should she change her beliefs to fulfill her desires?

What if she is fine, not being with girls. Do you think she is missing out on a part of her identity? Or is she just conquering her sin nature?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Or is she just conquering her sin nature? Exactly!!! God has empowered through the Holy Ghost to conquer sin. Rather it is homosexual desires, hatred, anger, envy, jealousy, lust, stealing, lying, etc.

ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I don't think it matters if you're a good person, treat others well and contribute to society. Be gay or bi, no one cares in the bigger cities. Helloooo San Francisco!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• she needs to decide what is more important to her, her beliefs or her sexual desires. i wish these two could co-exist, but unfortunately, it's contradictory. but i dont see why she cant go to church still & be bi. we're all sinners AFTER ALL
    Anonymous

• Bull hello prop 8.There is not as much support for gays/lesbos/bis/trans as some like to put out there.Also,the gays make up a tiny fraction of society not some massive fraction like some also love to portray.
    As for your question OP.I see it as conquesring sin because they have let go and let God.
    Anonymous

• So none of you that are against gays have any sexual desire for your SO? I wouldn't go spouting its a choice either. If its a choice then you CHOOSES to be straight.
    Anonymous

• I am bi. I am not a Christian because the beliefs don't ring true to me. And the whole "gays are evil" part of it wasn't even a factor. And, I think it is up to each individual what they do. I choose to find a religion that better suits what I feel and believe (on EVERYTHING, not just sexuality) and not one I had to "change" to practice.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 5:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• To thy own self be true. (William Shakespeare)

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i agree with beeky
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• if a person feels a certain action is wrong, then it is..to them. 'let thine own self be true', for sure. if that is her chosen belief, and it goes against what her physical self is desiring, then yes, she should stick to her belief.
    if she is 'fine, not being with girls', then great; the 'desire' isn't as real as one might believe, if she can easily let it go. that's like asking what would a thief do with his actions if he was 'fine' not thieving..if he's ok with not being a thief, then he's not a thief. end of story. JMO
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 6:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Ditto to ptomom678
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 7:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2009