Will I qualify for Food Stamps?

Im married have a 5 month old. hubby is unemployed. makes 1800 a month. will we qualify?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Im sure you will. The only way to find out is to go and apply
    Anonymous

• Yeah the income guidlines are probably twice what you make on your own.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 4:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• go talk to a worker
    my husband works and makes that and we dont
    GET A JOB
    Anonymous

• You should ,unless requirements are different in your area.My husband makes about the same and we have 2 children.You might even see about wic.Wic doesn' have many food items but every little bit helps when your just trying to survive.Good luck.

Anonymous

• Don't listen to anon 2:00...that answer is going to be deleted in a minute anyway

But to answer your question it depends on the state/county you live in. I could buy a house on my income alone in other parts of the country but here with my husband's and my income combined we can barely rent an apartment so we would qualify for foodstamps here but not in other states. Check with your local human services office and they'll be able to tell you more.
    Anonymous

• idk.... probably not. We have 4 kids, dh is on unemployment (around $2000/month) and working 2 p/t jobs (about $500/month) and goes to school 4 days a week. I stay at home because with what I would make it wouldn't be worth it to pay a sitter. We don't qualify. Well, I don't think we do, anyway. We applied over a month ago and haven't heard anything. They got our app but because he started school the case worker said we probably wouldn't qualify. That was a week ago. And that's bull. Trying to better yourself should be all the more reason to receive aid.
    Anonymous

• im preg (my first) and i only get $16 a month, i work part time (32hrs) making 8.70/hr. they dont take out for taxes either. im on wic too, so that might be why i only get $16/mo.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Try WIC if you don't qualify for food stamps. It will help a little, either with formula if you are formula feeding, or give you some foods if you are breast feeding. Plus when the baby turns 1 you will start getting whole milk, cereals, peanut butter or beans, eggs, cheese.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Answered at 5:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 by: Anonymous
    go talk to a worker
    GET A JOB

HOW DARE YOU!!!!! You have NO idea what kind of situation this woman is in. Don't judge. Even when you work you might qualify. It depends on your state. Also to the gal who said she hadn't heard yet and it's been a month? They are about 45 days out in my state (CO) HOWEVER, BY LAW they are required to notify you IN WRITING whether or not you qualify. I went thru hell and back this year about that one. They may just ask for more paperwork to keep themselves out of trouble, but just keep on them. In CO for a family of four cap income is gross and is set at $3230. I get $380 per month and Medicaid for my husband and both kids. Worst they are going to say is no and the sooner you apply the sooner you know. They also have lists at my local office of other programs that might be able to help. Good
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Luck to you and don't let other people bring you down. You do what is necessary for your family.
    jenree33