Christians

Can you explain dinosaurs? Are they from God or Satan? How were they destroyed? How long ago did they live?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 5:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• God created them at the same time He created all the other animals. They are referred to in the bible. I know ppl believe they are millions of years old. They became extinct as have other animals. They became extinct after the flood. I saw a great teaching on this and if I can find it, I will post the link.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• No I can't. Never studied them . Why is this directed at Christians?
    Anonymous

• They became extinct after the flood.

Why did they become extinct after the flood if Noah was instructed to take 2 of every animal on his ark? Also, why didn't the dinosaurs in the ocean survive the flood like the marine animals did?
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 5:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Why is this directed a Christians? There are many faiths that believe in creation.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Here is one link that may explain what happened to the dinosaurs etc. The link is from a Christian perspective.

http://www.geocities.com/dinospin/pre-floo.html
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/1999/11/05/dinosaurs-and-the-bible
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• The climate changed so much after the flood, there are many species that didn't make it. Many dinosaurs are some of those species. Look at all the animals that are endangered today, there's no way of knowing how many have gone extinct in the past. And about the marine animals, the climate changed above the water, and I believe the water changed too. The temperatures, the "life cycle" of the water, etc. While other animals adapted to the change, others couldn't handle it and eventually died off.
    Anonymous

• I'm personally an Old-Earth Creationists.

I'm of the opinion that a day to God is not the same thing as a 24-hour human day, and that for animals things pretty much happened as biologists describe it BUT under God's direction and control - not on accident.
    Anonymous

• God created dinosaurs; they are mentioned in the book of Genesis. I can't remember the exact verse. I will look it up and post it later.
    Gwynyth

Answer by Gwynyth at 8:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I wasn't there, I'm not an archeologist so I honestly couldn't say :-) Dinosaurs were enormous creatures that lived well before my time :-) They are God's creation like everything else. I do not necessarily believe the traditional 7-day creation. This is not because I have preconceived agendas about trying to make the Bible fit into the views of Dinosaurs and Evolution. It is because after reading Genesis, I'm not sure how literally I can take every little thing. Many people speculate that there is a huge gap of time between Gen 1:1 and 1:2 describing different creation phases.  Who knows?  What I believe or don't believe about dinosaurs do not save my soul :-)

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• *does not, rather lol.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2009