Suggestions on what to get preschool teacher???

My daughter is "graduating" preschool this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any clever and cute ideas of what to get or make for her preschool teacher to say "Thank You". Any suggestions? Would a decorated picture frame with her grad pic in it be too "overboard"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would think maybe a basket filled with needed class room items like dry erase markers, kleenex and such. Put some cellophane around it with some ribbon that way you know they will use it and appreciate it.
    Luvmylittlegrl

Answer by Luvmylittlegrl at 5:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• gift cards! As a teacher, I get all SORTS of things- candles, body wash, dish cloths, picture frames, etc. and I don't have ANY USE for them! I keep them in a drawer so I can pull them out occasionally, but really. You need to get her something useful...
    Anonymous

• I think because we pay our teachers so little these days (and to be honest Prescholl teachers get zip). I think it might be nice to get her something to either divert the cost of next year's supplies or something in which she can indulge.

Perhaps a gift card to an office supply or art and craft store. Or maybe a book store.

But I also think a picture and frame is great too! Ah memories.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 5:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• my sister is a teacher, she said the best gift ever was a canvas tote the kids all signed filled w/school supplies for next year. she uses the tote every day for work stuff and its now 4 yrs old. (this was also a classroom gift one mom bought the tote the rest spent the same amount or a little more on office/school supplies, then all the kids signed w/fabric paint its really cute)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Gift cards to book or craft stores. Or Walmart and Target GC's are also great! Teachers get a lot of crap that they won't use, give them something they will. Why waste your money kwim?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• we gave a gift card to a local garden nursery. Something she would be able to use and enjoy during her summertime.
    OCTOBER31

Answer by OCTOBER31 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• We did a personalized apron for my son's preschool teacher. She always wore one at lunch time and art times. So, we got a blank one from Hobby Lobby and embroidered her name on it.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 10:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I gave my dd's teacher a hanging basket of flowers for her home.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2009