Ready for a toddler bed?

My daughter is 18 months and does not climb out of the crib. But, she does try to climb into it. She also whines and cries to get into it. We have always held her to go to sleep for her naps but now she wants to curl up on her floor and fall asleep by herself. I have also always laid with her on my bed to go to sleep at night, then move her to her crib in her room. Now she wants me to just leave her in her room so she can fall asleep on the floor. My mom, husband, and grandma all tink its time for a toddler bed. I am 50/50 with the idea. I have no reason to think it would be a problem for her to get up at night, either. So what do you think?

Love2BMommy77

Asked by Love2BMommy77 at 5:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think ur baby like to feel free. If putting her into a toddler bed will help you out go for it. you can always put her back in the crib if you need to. if you are worried about her getting up at night dont put a night light in there. if she cant see the toys more then likely she wont get out to play with them but put a gate in the door so she cant get out
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 9:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Sounds like it's time for a big girl bed. :]
    ours

Answer by ours at 5:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2009