Why do we have to change?

I never understood this. If god loves us so much and made us the way we are, why do we have to change. Some of the things I do are just as much a part of me as my freckles. So, why do we have to change to please our "father?"
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• O.K. God loves us the way we are, but He doesn't always like the things we do. Think of your own kids. Would you like it if your 10 year old behaved like your 2 year old.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I don't believe you do.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• teamquinn, behaviour's not an issue - there are nonChristians who behave "better" than some Christians. so whether or not someone is a Christian has no relevance on their "behaviour" or their "sins". There are nonChristians who sin less than Christians.
    its not about behaviour, and if it were than we WOULD recognize that all paths that encourage good living and the standards of right/wrong that we hold are equally valid, but the majority of Christianity doesn't.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Bnadgeek what twisted mess you are spiritually.Keep up with the confusion taught from the universalvist church.Highly unbiblical as it is.OP God loves us all as the Bible says he hates sin but not the sinner.
    Anonymous

• I asked something similiar to my Christian friend. He said that God loves us all but God doesnt accept sin. He talked about it for a while. But what it really came down to for me was if He doesnt like sin then why would He even create a world where EVERYONE is a sinner. "Because He gave us free will' ...yea okay sure. ...so why cant he accept that i'm using my free will for good and not "evil"?
    sorry. i dont get it either.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Anon, you are really on a roll today with the insults. Calling a body messed up because they do not have the same views as you is messed up.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I am with outstandinglove.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Well it is messed up period to claim Christianity yet biblically being way off.The Bible warns Christians of that very thing.Bandgeek chooses to be decieved though.
    Anonymous

• God did not create us a sinful beings. We inherited sin by our father Adam, therefore we were ALL born into sin but Jesus made the way so we can be free from the curse.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Who made the way "I am the way,the truth,and the life NO MAN come to the father EXCEPT by me" ~Jesus Christ.The is not many ways and it is not all paths only through Jesus.
    Anonymous