7 wks prego and spotting???

I'm spotting and I'm not sure if it's normal or not. I called my dr's nurse and i have to go in for an ultrasound 2mrw. My question is how do you know if it's normal spotting or if I should be worried? How do you know if it's a lot or not a lot (question nurse asked me) and color (light or dark red)? Anything helps. Thanks.

Ambie0526

Asked by Ambie0526 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did this during my pregnancy too. (up until about 14 weeks) Are you soaking thru a pad in a short time? That' would be considered a lot. If you're just seeing some blood when you wipe or if it's just barely enough to use a pantyliner, that's not much.

Are you having any pain at all? If not, that's a good sign.

If you talked to the nurse and she didn't tell you to come in, you're fine. I've been there though. I called EVERY time I spotted just to check that I was okay. They always asked me the same questions. How much, any pain, what color is the blood etc. I always told them and they said I was fine.

Right now you've got all sorts of new blood vessels etc. forming on your cervix. The nurses even told me so much as a hard sneeze can make you start spotting during this time. Just relax mama! You'll be okay. Call the Dr. over and over if it makes you feel better. They are used to it! : ) Hugs!

Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Don't worry, the same thing happened to me when I was 12 weeks preggo and I went to the emergency room to make sure the baby was still alive. He was still moving around on the screen and I have a healthy baby boy now. You really dont know if its normal spotting, its a scary situation when you see blood when your pregnant. Don't stress your body out, just take it easy. A lot of women spot when they are pregnant. Good luck
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• You did the right thing. Now just try to take it easy and stay hydrated until your appointment tomorrow. I had spotting a few times with my twins, sometimes what I would call a lot (enough to need a new panty liner several times a day), and they were just fine. I don't remember what the different colors signified, but they should be able to tell you what the possible cause is based on the color of the blood. Best wishes to you.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2009