I think I may be bipolar. How do I know (besides talking to the doc) Are there tell-tale signs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Health

• People often mistake being bipolar as to one minute being happy where as the next minute your crying, or mad. Where actual bipolar is going from one extreme to the next. Where you can be like on drugs happy but then the switch flips and your cussing and fighting mad. Also when your bipolar you go through like manic spells where your up for days at a time doing things, obsessing over something, cleaning whatever it may be before you crash and just kind of falls into hole. Its really a mental disorder- not just when people say- man I think their bipoloar because one second their happy the next their not. Its much more serious than that.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• If you think you are bipolar, there's a good chance that you are not. Most people who are, think that they aren't, if that makes sense. There are lots of ups and downs in life, and some days we just feel sad because of all the stuff we have to deal with. Other days, when things are going well, we can be really happy and relaxed. Nobody can live on an even plane all the time. Sometimes, our moods just take a certain change in directions, too.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I have been taking depeako for 4 years not and recently started me on abilify with it I helps control my moods I t was at one point so bad that I had to stay at the hopsital for 6 months becasue my mom couldn't take it anymore but no we have found a medication that works. You can be really happy and then get really mad for no reson I was get depressed and stay and my bed for months at a time not doing anything. You cannot control it and if you think you suffer from it go to the dr. YOU ARE A THREAT TO YOUR FAMILY AND KIDS without help for this and you don't even know it.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 6:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Bi Polar symptoms

Myself I am a Rapid Cycler, and have had occurences of mixed epsiodes.  I have been off meds for 3 yrs, and can function okay in my own home enviornment.

Good luck, and get in to treatment if you thin you are.

ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• im a rapid cycler too but i cant go off my med..ive tried and i end back up in the phyc ward my first time in i spent 6 weeks in there befor i was stable enough to go home...i have my moments where i say im sick of it i dont wan tto take med anymore but then i end back up in the hospitable so i have learned for the sake of my dd i stay on my meds and go to therpy. when i was diagnosied i was a tex book c ase...highs for long periods of time...mine was spending money that i didnt have and then the next thing i know i didnt want to eat didnt want to see my baby my dd was a year old when i was diagnoised i didnt even want to go to work and at that time i loved my job. u could be bi polare or u could be just moody only a dr can determined what u really r.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 9:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• If you think you are Bipolar, please get evaluated by a professional, they are the only ones that can determine what disorder, if any, that you have. Everyone's symptoms can be different and there are many disorders out there.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2009