Constipation

First off thanks to everyone for helping me with my breastfeeding questions, as I am still trying to breastfeed more often, my little one is still getting some formula throughout the day. Now I'm running into another problem. The Dr. said he may not have a bowel movement for a couple of days and that's perfectly normal but he is definitely uncomfortable. SO after a few days of pushing with no results he'll finally go and let loose. His diaper is completely full of watery poop.....My mom said it may be the formula and to possibly try soy?? Any help would be great....

Jaidensmom5309

Asked by Jaidensmom5309 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your Mom is right, it could be the formula. My SIL had to switch her daughters formula because she constantly got constipated, once she switched, she was golden

NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• my son would go like 2 times a day with regular formula, however he was crying all the time so we switched him to soy formula at like 31/2 months (he's 6 months now) and now he is much happier but the soy formula is constipating so that added more problems so i wouldn't switch to soy if he is having trouble cause the soy will make it worse. I would ask your dr, mine had us putting karo syrup in his bottles. good luck, i know its brutal to watch them turn beat red and push and have no results lol
    kelka24

Answer by kelka24 at 8:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2009