When do you start feeding your baby cereal with a spoon? And baby food? My daughter is 3 months old, and is ALWAYS hungry. She will only take 4 ounces of formula at a time, but an hour later she's hungry again. I do give her cereal at night before bedtime, and she tolerates it really well.

She does have severe acid reflux so I don't know if that affects anything.

ShannonK518

Asked by ShannonK518 at 5:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Cereal at 4 months, Jar food at 6 months
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My daughter also has acid reflux and she is 4 months old and I have been giving her food since she was 3 1/2 months old and she does really well with it because its a thick consistancy her doctor said that she would do fine giving her food if she is hungry my baby eats everytjing and she isnt over weight or unhealthy. She also eats the stage 2 foods she rarely spits up.
    kaynay2909

Answer by kaynay2909 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• At three months she is probably going through a growth spurt, just give her the extra bottles.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• she is eating 4oz then she is probably not getting enough jsut bump it up to six and see what she does....i didnt give any cereal to the kids until they were almost 5 nothhs old ...,my DD never liked it so she went straight to the jar food at six months
    MommyOf2kids67

Answer by MommyOf2kids67 at 6:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i put cearl in the bottle with the milk and waterly enough to drink and my little gril is doing great!!!!
    lemay25

Answer by lemay25 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• but always ask you doctor fist befor doing any thing!!! good luck
    lemay25

Answer by lemay25 at 6:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Take a look at this journal.

evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 6:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My DS is 7 months and still has not started solids. He is EBF though, so if he is hungry, he nurses. My oldest didn't start any type of solid until 6 months, and then only a taste here and they, until 6 months ALL nutirtion should come from BM or formula.
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• my son is three month old and i add baby cereal to his bottles i just save one of the old scoops from his last formula and for every scoop of formula i put one scoop of cereal, sometime i even add the baby jar food like sweet potatoes and chicken or apples and blueberries he loves it he really doesnt eat good unless i mix something with the formula though
    Amars_Mommy

Answer by Amars_Mommy at 7:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2009