When should you put your baby in their own room? My 3 month old sleeps in a bassinet in our bedroom. We've tried the crib twice, and it didn't work out well at all.

ShannonK518

Asked by ShannonK518 at 6:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Our son moved to his crib in between 3.5-4 months. Its better to do it now, before they start fighting you about where they are sleeping.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Ours moved to cribs as soon as the family left, so they were around 2 months. I used the miracle blankets with them, keeps them nice and swaddled so they felt secure in the crib http://www.miracleblanket.com/
    Mom2SKMB

Answer by Mom2SKMB at 6:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My baby is 4 months and I'm thinking its about time to switch her over to her crib.... I want her in her own room by the time she is 6 months.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Whenever you feel the time is right. I always liked my babies in my room for lazy reasons. It was just easier to check on them and feed them. Some people feel very stong that they want to put them in their own room from day one. You have to do whatever works for you.
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Our son slept in bassinet for 6 months in our room and then we moved him into his own room. He transitioned really great actually without even fussing about it. Suprise the heck out of me.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I agree with Macy7108...it's totally up to you when you move your baby to a crib. We moved our son to his room/crib at three weeks. Our pediatrician recommended we started as soon as possilbe. It worked out pretty well. Good luck.
    Pabo73

Answer by Pabo73 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I believe that you move the baby when you're ready. Mine slept in her own room from the 3rd night home--we just couldn't sleep with all her grunts and squeaks! But our precious is a very, um, active sleeper, and yours may be very quiet. I'd definitely move the Little One sooner rather than later, just because the older they get, the harder it is to break a habit. :)
    MamaLydia

Answer by MamaLydia at 6:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i did mine in steps im had mine in the besenet and then slowly moved her into the crimb like little ways from are bed the we moved her in to her own room when she was ok with the crib good luck
    lemay25

Answer by lemay25 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• #1 and #2 were out in about 6 weeks....

#3 was out in a week or two but we had a new house for #3 and her room is right beside ours, I didn't see the point in having her in ours if hers was so close.

we all slept 100% better in our own rooms.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• We co-sleep, but when my oldest 14mos, he selfweaned, from BF and cosleeping. YOu need to do what ever works for you.
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 7:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2009