Are these worries ridiculous or normal?

I'm 24 weeks along and have been getting these bad feelings. Feelings like I think I'm going to, literally, die during labor. Not because of the pain, but because of complications. I don't know if it's something normal or not. Did anyone else have this worry?

ABryn1011

Asked by ABryn1011 at 6:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Normal feelings of being scared. Don't get yourself worked up, because it can put stress on the baby.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Sounds like an anxiety disorder which is actually more common during pregnancy than people know. Talk to your doctor they have seen it before and can help.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 6:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• It's not necessarily normal because not all pregnant women feel that way but what your body and mind are going through can be normal because of your hormones. I'm currently in my 3rd pregnancy and having very moderate anxiety which I never had with my last 2 (except the 1st because, well, it was the 1st!). I'm not even getting any prenatal care til I'm 12 weeks due to all the military demand on post which sucks because I can't even talk to a doctor about my problem. Talking to your OB will definitely ease your mind a little. It's normal to worry and even over worry about labor especially in your first pregnancy. Just try and relax, drink chamomile tea or anything that will help calm your nerves a bit. Good luck =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2009