where can i get free baby items?

i'm a single mom. my daughters father is locked up for abusing me and i breastfeed and she wont take a bottle...so its hard to work. she is in 6-9 months clothes and has hardly anything. i have no clue what to do.

nessabear09

Asked by nessabear09 at 6:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We have what is called the manager where I live which is Oklahoma. They give things to moms who need them for there babies such as diapers, food, formula, clothes and toys 6 months out of a year. I would check with your local Department of Humane Services or health dept if you have one and see how to get some assistance
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Put an ad on craigslist and list the type of stuff you need. Like clothes, a swing, a crib, whatever. Keep reposting the ad like every week so it will come up in the first pages so people dont have to look really far back. I am sure there are people out there that will help you. I would if I had anything left from when my daughter was that size.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Craigslist has lots of cheap or free things. Thrift stores ours sells baby clothing - juniors for only 75 cents per piece. WIC offices sometimes have a shelf in the waiting area where ppl drop of used items so others can take them. We get a lot of hand me downs from our friends at playgroup so if u befriend some other moms there maybe u'll get some too.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Find your local Freecycle group and join. Lots of baby items show up on my Freecycle group and anything on Freecycle is just that... free.

www.Freecycle.org
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• some churches have clothing closets and often you still ask for items even if you are not a member of the church yet. there are some swap groups on cafemom too. do a seach for " free baby items" here on cafemom. also maybe there are groups on a listing that can be accessed thru a clearing house by calling or going to 211.org. groups and organizations that help can often give you a list of other groups that help moms in need.
    RoseWall

Answer by RoseWall at 8:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2009