Whats the deal with diaphragm's

So im looking for a non hormonal birth control to use after I have my second child. I just have not been happy with anything I have tried for many reasons. Depo made me ballon, got knocked up on the pill, and had really bad cramps and could not lose baby weight with mirena. I was looking into the paraguard, but I don't like the sound of the side effects. Now I don't know where to turn. Some one said to try the Diahragm, but I don't know much about it and wanted some insider advice on it. How do you use it, how effective is it, and do you like it? Thanx for the help lady's =)

LilMzMa

Asked by LilMzMa at 6:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have been using one on and off for over 20 years. It is easy to use. I suppose that you have to have be fairly comfortable with your body to be able to use it.
    This can explain it better than I can: http://kidshealth.org/teen/sexual_health/contraception/contraception_diaphragm.html

Answer by rkoloms at 9:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2009