• In the Spotlight:

For SAHM's

Does your husband help with housework at all? My friend is telling me it is wrong to have your husband help with housework (mine folds laundry with my boys when he comes home at 430 PM) and he does yard work every other weekend. He doesn't mind doing it at all. He says we all live here we should all pitch in. I do the majority of the work around here, so I don't see it as being a big deal lol. Am I wrong?

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 6:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• how is it wrong? would you rather him come home and do nothing? sry but you're friend is misinformed to say the least. you've got a keeper.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 7:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• no your not wrong honey
    my husband takes out the trash and does the dishes when hhe is home
    Anonymous

• my hubby does not help except for the occasional sucking up thing he does but I agree with you, I think everyone should pitch in.
    Anonymous

• By the way, her husband is very lazy male cheauvenist (sp?) who thinks that women should do all the work with the house and kids and treats her like crap, so I really don't see where she can argue lol. I was just wondering if I am wrong lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i'm a sham and i do all the cleaning but i expect him to keep up withthe animals and stuff but i do it all most of the time i don't mind...
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 6:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• mine comes home and collapses. lol he has a really physically demanding job and works about 14hours a day non stop.

he does the maintenance and fixit stuff and renos ... but I take care of everything. and for how hard he works....I will do it too. of course I do complain sometimes though....who doesn't.

but if I left for a weekend he will and does take care of everything - I was out of commission for a few weeks last year for foot surgery and he did everything for a week for me.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• If my husband didn't help out with the housework, I would no longer have a husband. I don't live here alone and I'm sure as Hell not his maid.
    feministmama

Answer by feministmama at 6:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My hubby helps all the time. In fact he does pretty much all of the dishes and he vacuums. I do all of the laundry, daily picking up and straighting up, daily light cleaning. Then on weekends we all do big cleaning.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 6:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• mine helps, he will sometimes fold the laundry on the weekends, and most days he will cook. but he loves to cook so for him it is almost equal to coming home and playing a video game. i guess i just got really lucky with that :)
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My hubby helps out all the time. I have 2 young children ( 2 1/2 and the baby just turned one) and one more on the way. There is no way I could keep up with everything. Its a full time job just watching the girls and picking up after them. So all i normally ask of him is to do the dishes and pick up the kitchen from time to time and run out the trash. He doesn't seem to mind considering I do the rest.
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 7:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2009