Egg donation

I have been considering donating my eggs. I was looking to hear what other women had to say, whether positive or negative, from any experiences with the procedure they may have had.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Honestly, never actually made it to the donation process. Went through all the paperwork and made the appointment to start the procedures, but didn't go through with it. My husband (bf at the time) thought it was a little weird having people have kids with your DNA. Personally, I think it could be a very fulfilling experience. In a way, I wish I would have done it anyway. The people I dealt with were so incredibly nice and so amazingly accomodating. Obviously its a serious commitment with all the appointments and whatnot, but I think you would be very happy with the results. I talked to several people on the list to receive a donation, and in a way, it's like adopting, only you are giving them the chance to have the pregnancy and all that too. Sorry, for not having any scientific background, or having any comments about the procedures themselves, but hope that helps.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 7:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I think that if you want to donate your eggs that its a wonderful thing...yeah its kinda weird thinkin hey i have kids out there that have my dna BUT that the same time think about the joy and love you could bring to a husband and wife that have been TTC for a long time and cant and your egg could be the answer to their prayers. i think its a wonderful idea!!!!
    somedaymommy101

Answer by somedaymommy101 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I too have been thinking of doing this but haven't talked to hubby about it yet. I live in a small town so it would be alot of driving as well
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 9:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i was going to do it but have to many health issues (some that affect my own fertility..damn PCOS!)... my sister tried but they denied her because of the family history, heart disease and stuff like that. but she makes beautiful babies! lol
    anyways good luck! if you can do it and and can handle all the aspects of it, more power to you!
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2009