does the bible tell us wives /mothers to put our spouse before

our children. first.. for me i cant help it my son is number one.. but i was hearing some ladies at church saying that they believe god says that husbands #1 then children second.. thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe it's
    1. God
    2. Spouse
    3. Children
    4. Family
    5. Others
    6. Self

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 6:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Honestly, I think it is how we look at it. Obviously there are times your child will come first. There are times they need fed, changed, protected, and hubby doesn't have to have you talking to him or feeding him that moment. Lol. But overall, in your life, your hubby should be the priority. One day your children will leave you, cleave to their spouse, and have their own home. You should be with your hubby for life. Never let your children cause you to ignore your hubby. You have them for a short time, but your hubby always!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I agree with the first person
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 7:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• We are wives before we are mothers, we are wives after our children leave, it only makes sense to have our husbands come first. We should come before our children in our husband's eyes too. That's not to say we don't take care of them, but our husbands wants/desires/needs, come before our children's. Ephesians and Proverbs says that.
    Anonymous

• I am not sure about the Bible but I share their belief. 

If my husband and I's relationship is not secure and happy then it negatively affects everything else in our lives, including our children.  Putting our relationship first benefits our children.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 7:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• The Bible teaches that the marriage relationship is a picture to the world of Christ's relationship to the church. Christ is the head and the Bridegroom; the church is the Bride. In that respect, yes, the Bible does teach that the husband/wife relationship should be a higher priority that the parent/child relationship. It is the job of the marriage partners to raise up another generation of folks to understand what marriage means and how they should present that message to the world. That does not mean that we are ever to neglect the needs of our children. It simply means that we are not to spend every moment of every day thinking about them and their needs. That would keep us from thinking about the meeting of our husbands' needs and meeting the standards that God has set for us. The best thing you can give to your children is a good relationship model between their mom and dad.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• 1. God
    2. Spouse
    3. Children
    4. Family
    5. Others
    6. Self
    That is what i belive great answer.. You have to think if it wasnt for you hubby that baby wouldnt be here :)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• "1. God
    2. Spouse
    3. Children
    4. Family
    5. Others
    6. Self"

Wow....no wonder 90% of the population has depression and anxiety problems!
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• 1. God
    2. Spouse
    3. Children
    4. Family
    5. Others
    6. Self

Excellent! That's how it is for me and my family as well.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 8:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I honestly do not think it can be laid out in number form as each and ever life situation is a unique experience for each family. If you really put your husband FIRST in all things and he puts you first in all things, does that mean if there is only one piece of bread left, the two of you eat it and let the children starve? I should certainly hope not. There are some instances where you will have to put the children first OR put your spouse first whether it follows the order of life that you think it should follow or not. My husband is a grown man who can fend for himself. Our children depend on us for nuture and advocacy. I don't understand how it is reasonable to say you must always put a competent, adult, autonomous individual before a defenseless and inexperienced individual?

I may not have been able to have my child without my husband; but without my child, I would not be a mother.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2009