bath time??

my DS is almost 6 months and hardly fits in his baby tub but when i put him in the sink or tub he slides around and is extremely hard for me to bath him since he can't sit up yet. i was wondering what or how i should give him a bath

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used to have an angled thing - material stretched over a wire frame. It worked great. When it wore out, I would just place a hand towel in the bottom of the tub. It keeps the baby from sliding around and you don't need a lot of water in the tub.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• What tub are you using. I use this one http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5172339. My son is nine months, weighs 22lbs and is 37 inches long and he still fits in it. Hope that helps. GL
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 7:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• my son loves taking a bath with me i hold him up and he kicks his feet in the water and laughs, when i need to wash him up i just let some water out and lay him on my legs to scrub him down and rinse him off
    Amars_Mommy

Answer by Amars_Mommy at 7:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I use a Bumbo seat. I completely know how you feel! My daughter HATES laying back in her baby tub, but she can't sit up by herself yet, so she slides all around in the tub. I know you're technically not supposed to use the Bumbo seat as a bath seat, but whatever, it works as long as I don't fill the water up too high. I know the Bumbo seat is expensive, but it works for us for right now. I got mine second hand from my cousin : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I had the tub that Fuznet above posted a link to, but my baby outgrew it quickly. At eight months he was about 25 lbs and 29-30 in. I bought the Euro Bathtub from Babies R Us at about 6 or 7 months and it is WONDERFUL for bigger babies! The only thing is that it is slick, there's no foam or strips to keep them in place. Putting a hand towel for them to sit on works perfectly to keep them from sliding. I did just go to Target the other day and found the sticky tub treads to put in the bottom to keep him from sliding. But, other than that, its a great size tub.
    MyJoieDeVivre

Answer by MyJoieDeVivre at 7:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Here's the web address to the Euro Bath:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2404856
    MyJoieDeVivre

Answer by MyJoieDeVivre at 7:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I would always put a dish towel under the tooshie to prevent sliding.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2009