Any success stories whose children have used the "Your Baby Can Read" program?

My son has a speech delay and I was thinking about buying this program. Did this work for your child? At what age did you start using it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Especially NOT for one with a speech delay!!! It doesn't teach them how to read!

All kids need to learn phonics, but especially one with a speech delay! I have two in speech therapy and I think their therapist would have a FIT if I brought this up to her!

They only learn to memorize the "look" of a word, not how to spell it, not how to sound it out, not what letters make what sounds which is especially important for a kid with a speech delay!!
    Anonymous