What if anything would you change about your labor and delivery?

For me, I think I would stayed home and given birth there. The transition from home to hospital was the only point where I lost control of my labor. I just didn't feel secure. Though it all worked out great.

FuzNet

Asked by FuzNet at 7:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't have gotten an epidural -- although I don't think it worked completely. The nurse put the catheter in wrong and when i complained she pretty much yelled at me. 1/2 hour later I asked my husband if any urine was coming out because I felt like I had go and couldn't and nothing was there. He got the nurse and she fixed it. This was after 30 hours of labor when she did this too. She's lucky she retired soon after!
    Anonymous

• Both of my labors were really easy so I dont think i'd change a thing. They were short and painless..lol.. i dont think i could have asked for more. Hopefully this one will be just as easy.
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My first was pretty good. Some minor discomfort but nothing beyond what is to be expected. I had my second child 10 weeks early and I would have made the emergency room test my urine for protein so that I could maybe have gone on bed rest and not have went into labor so soon.
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 7:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I wouldn't change a thing, I had natural birth with both of my daughters 34 yrs. ago, it wasn't nothing big,but, now, when a woman have natural birth, she thinks she is due an award. 34 years ago, I think they were using spinals,epidurals weren't used yet. I was taught it was all in the breathing,so I breathed like never before.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't have had the sleeping pill. I appreciated not remembering any labor pains except right before epidural but I would have like to have known what was going on more, instead of waking up only when something happened like...oh idk, having a baby?! It'll be different next time around.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I probably would've pushed them to break my water. I was a week overdue and had to be induced. I was in labor for 57 hours without pain meds (that was my choice) and NOTHING was happening. I think if they woulda broke my water maybe I coulda had my daughter naturally instead of having a c-section. This was my first (and last) pregnancy and I wanted to do EVERYTHING as natural as I could.
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 8:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i wouldve changed goin to the hospital i went to. it was horrible the only reason why i went there was because i had to cuz i was on medical card. they didnt do the epidural right and i couldnt feel my right leg for 2 days and they had a freakin person learning stitch my cho-cho up i needed 75 stitches and he didnt do it right,and he didnt get all the after birth out.and they didnt help me walk when i needed to go to the bathroom. and they left my baby in my arms all night even though i paged them a bunch of times! they left my daughter in the room with me cuz she was crying and wakin the other babies but she didnt cry with me so they brought her and left her with me...even though the epidural didnt wear off right away and i could barely take care of myself. i left as soon as it hit 24 hrs literally!!!! i hated that place...i wouldve been better off havin my baby at home
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 8:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2009