my children are running my life!!!!!

my 17 yr old daaughter and 16 yr old son have been telling me how i should be with the guy i am dateing. i was upset because he didn't seem to have time for me yet my children tell me to get over it .....but if i say anyting to themabout there relationships tey tell me to get a life and stay outa theres. can anyone help me?

fusteratedmom

Asked by fusteratedmom at 9:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Oh that sounds like teenagers!! So self centerd.....so tell them the same butt out.. Good luck.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:44 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• They're teenagers... tell them that your relationship is your decision. Of course, you'll have to allow them that same courtesy when they're in a relationship. Hopefully you've instilled good values in them & they'll make smart relationship decisions... and of course, lead by example. If your boyfriend is a douchebag, you shouldn't be with him.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• It's YOUR job to advise them and to even not allow them to date or hang out with anyone you don't care for. Until they graduate from high school you can tell them what to do, you can tell them where they can and cannot go and you can well...pretty much tell them anything you like. It is NOT their job to tell you anything. You are a grown woman for Pete's Sake! Get a grip and take control! Ground them when they are disrespectful, stop catering to them! You are not their peer, you are the mom. Act like it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

Anonymous

• Teenagers may be more selfish and self- centered than toddlers...in fact they are!
    Michelle
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 9:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• They cant run your life if you dont let them, they need to remember your the parent!!! Good Luck!!
    shortagirl

Answer by shortagirl at 3:23 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Can I ask a question ? Why do they like him or not like him? Can you share this with us ?
    Anonymous

• Why are your children discussing your relationship with you?
    ToldUNo

Answer by ToldUNo at 1:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I do the same thing with my mom the thing is okay if you have a good relationship with your children then maybe they dont want you to get hurt and they think he will hurt you maybe they are trying to protect you.and if you were bothered by the fact that he had no time for you and your were complaining about it then they do have a right to give you advice but you dont have to act upon it. Also i was wondering do you give them advice on relationships or do you tell them how to run their relationships??
    Anonymous

• Maybe they care about and are hurt by the way he is treating you.

BUT on the other hand, don't talk to them about these matters unless you want to hear what their teen advice is, haha. Because you don't have to. Good luck.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2008