how do i home school my children if i have no experience in teaching ?

i really want to home school my children but i have no experience an my family is criticizing me about this whole idea so what do i do

love321

Asked by love321 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you should call the school that they would go to and see if theres anyone in the area that home schools. I know in my area theres a mom that homeschools children and theres like 8 in her class. They go to school at her house and then they come home or their moms pick them up.
    Anonymous

• Call your school district to find out the requirements for your area.

Take some refresher courses in English for punctuation, sentence structure and spelling.
    Anonymous

• You're teaching your children different things every day, their formal education should be no different. The teacher books for your curriculum tell you everything you need to know. It's not difficult, Everything will be refreshed and come back to you as you go. I home schooled my two older children (ages 24 & 18) and now that we have a 2yr old & a 3yr old, we plan to home school them.

My family hassled us every year for almost the whole time I home schooled and now that our 2 older ones have grown up and turned out so well, my parents are insisting we home school the 2 little ones. LOL.

If you feel home schooling is best for you and your children, don't let anyone discourage you. Do what you want to do and ignore their criticizing. You'll be so glad you followed your heart.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• We have a neighbor who homeschooled until her oldest (they have 5) were 8, 7 and 5. The oldest was two grade levels behind, the middle one was on track, and the youngest was completely behind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Actually, I am a homeschooler of five boys. The homeschoollounge.com would be an excellent resource for you! There are tons of groups there like this but geared for homeschooling and the women there are VERY helpful! Good luck - you can do it! No one wants your child to succeed more than you do!
    Anonymous