How do you deal with your RAD child?

Our 14 year old is looking at residential care... we want to keep her home but need some new thoughts on how to deal with her.... RAD = Reactive Attachment Disorder...

BlessingsBegin

Asked by BlessingsBegin at 7:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• I work in a school with children with RAD and honestly many do residential care for a while when things get very difficult. I know it sounds like a hard thing to do, but I guess that is why there is residential care. I think the most important thing to remember is that as long as she is some where making progress residential care is not giving up... it is just another step in a long and difficult journey. Not that it matters, just curious- is she your birth child or yours through adoption or foster care. Most of the kids at school we have are in adoptive or foster care placements.
    Anonymous