Has anyone been to Busch Gardens Williamsburg/Water Country USA?

My 3 yr old and I will be going on a Monday the beginning of Aug., so I'm hoping it won't be too crowded. Any advice or tips or warnings I should be aware of? This would be my first time. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Entertainment

• I went there when my senior class went and that was 7 yrs ago. it might have changed but you should always expect crowds...its the summer
    Anonymous

• its always packed. but the kids rides etc usually have a quick turn around. there is a 'dragon land" with play stuff and a few small childrens rides they also have a little water play area there. there is also new this year a sesame street section, haven't been yet this year but my brother was there mon said it has water play area like dragon land and about 4 or 5 rides those rides are geared more towards family from what i've read and adults can ride as well as children. you can do lunch, breakfast, or dinner w/the characters and they have a stage w/shows. go to the kinetix (i think thats how they spell it but not sure) light show at night, its great and my daughter loved it last year at 2 1/2, its an acrobat show and they are lit up very fun and bounch. the shows are good but tend to be about 45 mins to an hour long so depending on your child you may want to sit in the back in case he doesn't like them. CONT
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• It is always crowded in the summer no matter what! Since your child is not in school, can you go towards the end of August when vacation season is over? If not, go early and be prepared for lots of people!
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 7:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• if it rains, don't leave just go to the shops, resaurants, or a show, the park will only close if the storms aren't going away, and ALOT of people leave when it starts to rain/thunder. (for thunder lightening they shut down the rides and wait for it to clear the area, but will open back up after its gone, same for heavy rains). any questions or anything just message me, we live in va beach so we go 2 or 3 times a year.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Wow thanks for all the quick responses! Yeah I'm planning to be there as soon as they open at 10 am. It's just me and my daughter so we won't have to worry about the roller coaster lines... maybe we'll hit up the Sesame Street area first and then roam around... any attractions that are a must see/ride? granted it would be something suitable for a 3 yr old... I know they have a few spooky things so those are out...
    GoofyMama24

Answer by GoofyMama24 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• as far as attractions that are must sees, there are animals all throughout the park. theres a "ride" but its more a way to get through the park, its one of those high ride things can't remember name,but you sit in a small (about 4/5 people can fit) open car that goes along a wire about 100 ft off the ground, thats fun if she will sit still and not move around alot (i didn't do it w/her last yr b/c i knew i'd freak if she rocked it at all), the horses when you first come in are huge! my dd loves them, really the only rides she can ride are in the sesame and dragon area. theres a few smaller rides over near apollos chariot and a large arcade area w/kids rides there (small "rollercoaster" you can ride, and swings for kids) theres 2 or 3 other rides through the park for small children but it depends on her height and how you think she'll do b/c you can't get on w/her. really just get there at open, grab a map walk around CONT
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• and have fun for the day. theres also a train that goes around the park, bring your own stroller (theirs are expensive) and theres alot of hills so she'll get tired easily. theres also a little ferry boat you can ride on. this is all busch gardens, don't know about water country haven't been there in years.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• thank you so much vabchmommy ! You were very helpful... I really just want to go to dosomething different and get away for a couple days... have fun and have no expectations... btw that Kinetix show, do they have weekday showings??? it looks awesome!
    GoofyMama24

Answer by GoofyMama24 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I go to Busch Gardens all the time and my kids LOVE the new Sesame Street section..I'd pack a cooler full of water and drinks. The best times to be there are as soon as the park opens until around 1 or 2. Then it gets hectic. My kids love the cable cars too. Your child should be able to get on the log ride at that age. As far as WCUSA goes, there's TONS to do there too. There's a wave pool, a kiddie area, lazy river, another lazy river where you walk through. She can get on a lot of the slides if she is able to hold on. I personally would go with Water Country USA if it is hot out so she is not sweating all day. I see a lot of hot and miserable kids in the strollers at Busch Gardens. At Water Country she can get out and play in the water. Have fun..I am going to miss those parks when I leave VA Beach in a few weeks :(
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2009