Is 2% milk ok for my 1 year old in an emergancy?

I know whole milk is best for my 1 year old, but what if we run out and can't make it to the store, is 2% ok for a day? Or should he just drink something else and get his dairy intake from food?

Hinosgirl

Asked by Hinosgirl at 7:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you cant get to the store I dont think that its going to hurt them, but if you are worried call your baby doc
    Anonymous

• One day here, one day there is not going to be a big deal. You will see as they get older everyday can not be a perfect day with nutrition. When my son was a toddler he would sometimes only eat pasta all day.... I would let it go for a day and then get tough on getting some other food in to him!
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Our pediatrician had my boys on 2% from the moment we switched them. It's not going to hurt him at all. It has a little less fat, that's all. Fat is as easy to make up as the dairy is.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• You'll be fine. When we are out shopping and stuff for the day I usually just run to McD's, BK, or Sonic to pick up milk for my dd and it's 2% it's not that big of a deal.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 7:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• feeding babyits fine - just less fat...

scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 8:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Mine has drank 2% for a year now and she is perfectly fine the only time she gets sick in ear infection
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 8:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• when my son first started drinking milk all he drank was 2% until he was almost 19 months
    Anonymous

• You can go with none. http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html

For healthy fats, there are avocados, flax oil, sunflower butter, olive oil, hemp oil, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:39 AM on Jun. 25, 2009