how do you mannage your heart burn?

Im dying- I sware, Please give advice, wifetales, or any good medication to relieve it.
I can't even sleep with out the buring and feeling like im gonna vomit fire all night!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know its the worst feeling! Drink milk by the cups full, this sometimes works
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I know your pain. I suffer from acid reflux disease. Aciphex. It's a scrip...but, I swear, if you can get your hands on some. Works like a charm! Or, Nexium..the purple pill. More expensive..but, works well too. Or, sometimes in between scrips...Walmart sells some generic brand to get you thru.

Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 8:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Galvonstons pills OTC work good and I get a prescrsition for nexuim.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 8:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Peppermints and nexium were my friends when I was pregnant.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 8:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• For me, a tonne of milk and gavison. Heart burn medicine over the counter. All good and peppermint flavor.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 8:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Well,I'm not pregnant but, I do get heartburn, when pepsi,tums,and everything else fells, I drink plain hot water,as hot as you can take it, you will start belching, and feeling better right away.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 8:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I take Nexium everyday.

Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• If you suspect that you may have an acid eruption while you sleep tonight then there are a few tricks you can do:
    Don't eat or drink anything within 3-4 hours before going to bed - sit upright until that time.
    Take some sort of long-term acid reducer available over-the-counter that will work for 12-24 hours at a time and hold you over until you see a doctor.
    Keep a bottle of good tasting extra strength Tums on your nightstand.
    When you go to bed, prop yourself up with pillows so you are not lying flat. You need to be at a reclining position so that any acid build up from your stomach will not be allowed by gravity to back its way up into your throat.
    Best wishes - from one acid reflux/heartburn sufferer to another.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2009