• In the Spotlight:

What are some healthy foods for a 10 month old to eat by himself?

My son wants to feed himself and lately really won't take any baby food from jars. Just need some ideas that he can feed himself without choking. He loves puffs and cheerios and he loves strawberries and has had some noodles. Obviously he is still on formula too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• bananas, avocado, Melba Toast, Ritz crackers, cheese cubes, over cooked green beans, half smashed peas... I'll think on that some more.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• my son is 11 months, he hasn't eaten jar food since about 8 months. he eats any kind of fruit, especially loves avacado, bananas & berries. he likes carrots (steamed& chopped), eggs, waffles, goldfish crackers, peas, beans, potatoes. he eats what we eat for the most part.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 8:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Really any food that is small or can be cut very small and is soft. I fed my sons cauliflower boiled in just water till it was so soft it was hard to pick up with out it falling apart. Watch your son very closely when he eats to be sure he is chewing his food. I would toast whole wheat bread and let him eat that. there is so much that you can give him just remember that the foods need to be soft or the break down fast in saliva.
    lilmama4d_j

Answer by lilmama4d_j at 8:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2009