For your kids birthday parties, do you usually mail invitations or send an evite?

Just wondering if it would be tacky to send an email invitation for my daughter's 5th birthday. I'm afraid that if I mail them, people will be less likely to rsvp. For those that have done both, did you find that people were more likely to rsvp when sent an evite or does it matter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• I call or invite in person.
    We dont have a large list of people to invite so its not worth buying the cards or sending emails.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• all of my family && friends, except for one or two people, live near me. so I just hand out the invitations in person.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 8:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Mail and I do it with 4 weeks notice. I think it's very tacky to send an email. Or like the PP hand them out in person but with enough notice.

Anonymous

• I would rely on the e-vite getting into the person's inbox. It may inadvertently wind up in a spam folder or something. In person is best.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• evite, is an awesome site to get invitations out. I have been using this for years and the only time someone doesn't get the invite, is because I forgot to add their email address or I didn't have a current email address for them. You design the evite you want, add a message and all the details and send the evite out. You can set it so you recieve an email when someone sends an RSVP and the evite site keeps track of who is coming and who isn't. It is not tacky to use evite for a birthday party or something less formal but for a wedding, shower, etc the invites should be mailed.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2009