do u feel guilty for not feeling well?

i feel like crap today.. and we havent made it outside.. my son is a toddler with a ton of energy; yesterday my son went swimming with daddy.. so its not like this happens all the time.. but im having some bathroom problems so we havent left the house.. and i feel like crap abou it.. tommorow my sons grandparents are taking for the day.. which will be good.. do u moms ever feel guilty when you end up sick..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• hey if your sick your sick when i have a bad headace im blessed i have a 2 yr old who can play by herself i live in florida so right now its hot so in the evening i let her outside to play its to hot during the day right now so no i dont feel guilty ok yes i do lol
    Anonymous

• nope. don't feel guilty when i am sick, but did feel bad when i was sick every damn day when i was pregnant and barely moved for weeks on end. somehow we all survived though, lol. my toddler and i are fine.
    kelinnh

Answer by kelinnh at 8:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• yes i do. So get well soon
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 8:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Not really. I use it as a lesson in life for my son that sometimes, we are just too sick to do anything. I had the flu last October and for a week I was too exhausted to do anything with him - and it was okay because HE decided it was his chance to take care of me. He wasn't even 3 1/2 and he was bringing me food and drinks from the fridge! So no, I didn't feel guilty - I felt too sick to feel guilty. So if you're sick, then just be sick, not guilty. At least he has other family members to help step in! Hope you feel better soon.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Yes, I do. I have chronic migraines and really bad insomnia. Sometimes it is so hard to peel myself off the floor or couch to play with my son. I always feel bad when it gets that bad... as if I am not giving my son enough attention (even though I'm laying on the floor next to him and making an effort to intereact with him and talk to him.) I always try to be the "fun" mommy, the one who sits on kiddie bikes, dives into ball pits along with them, and just dances around and be downright silly... and I do those things whenever I can! As far as getting the flu, and those kind of illness... no. Because those don't happen frequently.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 12:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2009