I need help?

Im 27 weeks pregnant, and my So and I have been having issues with his drinking, for one I dont want him to drink durning the last 2 months of pregnancy, is it wrong of me to not want him to drink, i mean before i got pregnant me and the SO used to drink every weekend and have fun with our friends. Well once I got pregnant i didnt want him to drink too much, im i wrong to think that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Yeah,kinda because he's not the one pregnant.Is he getting so drunk that he's hurting himself?Then I would see your concern.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 8:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• y not for the last 2months???

We only drank on special occasion in my relationship but if my SO wants a beer here or there I dont mind even though im pregnant and I cant drink I think that hes grown adult and he doesnt ever go overboard so Its not a big deal to me.

But if he were to get DRUNK I would nip that in the butt before my baby was here as well
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 8:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Why is it you don't want him to drink? Is it just b/c you can't? If so, then yes, you are wrong. If it's b/c he is drinking excessively, hurting himself, blacking out, getting violent or something else that is a big issue, then no, you are not wrong. Have you explained to him WHY you don't want him to drink? Actually, I just reread and notice you say you don't want him to drink the last 2 months of the pregnancy. Why those 2 months? Why not the entire time? What made you choose that length of time and at that particular point in time? I think I would need more info to give you a decent answer, instead of just my quesswork answers here.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I dont want him to drink because once he has one, he has a whole case, and its daily, and i dont want him to be drunk when I go into labor, because he should be the one i can rely on to get me to the hospital, and i dont want him to be passed out and him not be able to take me to the L/D room.
    Anonymous

• i say two months because in the event i go into labor early, and also we have lots to do on the nursery and the house and most I cant do along, and when he drinks the previous day he is worthless, and just to be clear, he goes to work at 7am, then gets off at 6pm, goes to the bar, (he doesnt drink at home just the bar) and gets home between 8-10pm, this happens almost every night, I dont want this to continue when the baby is here either.
    Anonymous

• good luck on that. If he can't stop after 1 then he's an alcoholic and he's not going to stop without intervention. Find another way to the hospital as a back up. I'd worry more about after the baby gets here. Drunks drop babies and don't even remember holding them. Maybe you should call AA and see what you can do. I don't think they come in. I think he has to want to quit and go to their groups but maybe they have advice. There is also a group for the wives of alcoholics

Answer by admckenzie at 8:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I agree with admckenzie completely. What you describe sounds like an alcoholic, and even if he wants to stop, and tries to get help, chances are he will still backslide sometimes. Definitely find another way to get to the hospital, and see if you can get some friends or family members to help you with the stuff you can't do alone. I also agree with her about what will happen after the baby comes. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• He is an alcoholic, I'm going to tell you just I like I told my DD about her finance,he was drinking when you met him,he was drinking when he was making love with you,now, you have seen the light,you are complaining, and you still are not thinking of his well-being, you are worrying about a nursery,true love would give him the number to AA and you need to go with him,because I'm thinking as soon as you have the baby,you will be drinking with him.You both need AA ,don't let anyone fool you,there's a great difference between a social drink,and someone drinking everyday. I don't get,how can you stand the smell of alcohol everyday.Get help mom,do it for yourself and your baby.
    Anonymous

• Good Luck with that! Drinking can ruin so many relationships & Lives!! I've seen too much!! Most of our Entire Marriage I had to be the one not to! I got used to it! But Driving with his head out the window/Door throwing up wasn't Fun!! I hope he can Cool it! Best of Luck in your Family!
    Anonymous

• "I dont want him to drink because once he has one, he has a whole case, and its daily, and i dont want him to be drunk when I go into labor, because he should be the one i can rely on to get me to the hospital, and i dont want him to be passed out and him not be able to take me to the L/D room."

The man is addicted. Can you get him to go to AA? If not, maybe you should plan a life without him. Alcoholics don't make good fathers. Anyone who drinks a case daily is in no shape for fatherhood.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2009