Have you ever had to slap your teen age son or daughter because of their mouth!

I am just wondering, because although I feel like it did nothing because he kept running his mouth, was it wrong? I feel like maybe he is to old to be smacked but he was extremely ignorant right in my face, and I believe he deserved it! He actually deserved alot worse for his mouth. and no I didnt give him a little spanking on the bum lol, that sure the hell wouldnt have worked. But in the end I feel like at this age it just pisses them off more, then pisses you off more wich leads to a full blow out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I dont think a slap is anything to a teenager personally...If someone slapped me, even my mom, I would be pissed, in fact my mom tried slapping me because of me comming home late and I just kept walking gathered my stuff and left. I just find it really disrespectful to slap in the face and I could then care less about what the slap was about..so maybe the same for ur teen.

Also he clearly lacks respect something that needs to be rebuilt but u cant buiold respect on disrespect....deffinately too old to be hit on for sure
    Anonymous

• It's never ok to smack anyone for words they speak. It's called abuse. If he says something you don't like then walk away until you are not so angry. Smacking serves no disciplinarian purpose. It just shows the child you can't think of a reasonable punishment. It also shows that you are emotional and out of control. I am proud of you for not doing such a barbaric thing. Now figure out a logical, practical way to make him wish he never spoke to you like that. We are intelligent women. We can do that! Make him learn a lesson from what he's done. I remember asking my teens when they did that "Are you SURE you want to talk to me like that?" I gave them a chance to rephrase their question or comment. Neither of us knew what I would really have done bc none of my children wanted to push me to find out. They knew I was perfectly capable of making their life miserable without hitting. You can do it too. Assure him of that. YOU are mom

Answer by admckenzie at 8:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I don't see a problem with it. I remember getting smacked in the mouth a couple of times as a teenager, by my mom && my grandmother && it did teach me something. It taught me that it wasn't ok to talk to people like that.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I completely agree. I really feel like that why kids are so damn disrespectful because they never got poped in the mouth for talking shit to their parents.
    Anonymous

• My youngest was 16 and he was high again and I was livid. He had pushed everyone just way too far. I was attempting to talk to him..while high..uh hello Mom..but anyway he became angry. He began shouting and called me a F*****g B***h. At that moment I wanted to slap him until his teeth rattled..but I didn't. I turned around and headed upstairs. He eventually followed when he found everything in his room being thrown into bins except for his bed, his alarm clock and one change of clothes. He was all up in my face. I looked and him and I know he could here I was seething mad in my voice..but I did not raise it. I told him. He just lost all privileges . When he can show respect he will slowly get his things back. Yeah he was mad but he never swore at me again either.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I did smack my dd in the mouth when she was a teenager. I figured that's where the offense was coming from! LOL It did stop her at the time, but not for good, that took years! When she finally grew up and became a mom, she respected me more.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I've seriously wanted too, but haven't yet.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 9:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Yes, I have slap my 13 yr old in the mouth. There are too many teens today that are rude and disrespectful and it's because their parents let them get away with it. It is NOT abuse to slap a rude and disrespectful little snot in the mouth. I also make my son write dictionary pages when he is disprespectful and rude.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• You seriously think that it is ok to tell your kid that hitting solves problems?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I will be the first to tell you that I have smacked my teenager in the mouth when he used foul language towards me. I only had to do it once,he soon found out that I will not allow him to use that tone with me. He hasn't done it since.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2009