what would happen to us if a great depression hit? Were would we sleep eat ect..

I am wondering what its going to be like when that time comes. what will we eat were will we sleep is it going to really be that bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Luckily for me I have family elsewhere so I would be leaving if things got that bad. Then again, my husband is in the military..he won't be losing his job anytime soon.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 9:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I work for the Department of Public Welfare. We are already overflowing with applications. Believe me, even if the stuff hits the fan, they aren't even close to making any cuts on public assistance. Since the economy has bombed, the amount of food stamps has gone up as well as the ease in getting the help that people need. The govt. is extending the FS pgm because then people will use their benefits and stimulate the economy via the local grocery stores.
    I think the media makes things out to be worse than they really are.
    Also note, that many of the people who are applying for benefits are out of work and still make more money than I do! GO figure?!!
    Unfortunately, I still see the big man getting richer and the little man getting poorer.
    How 'bout we give more money for the big wigs to go on vacation and take early retirement with a huge pension?
    Cantstandya

Answer by Cantstandya at 9:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Please don't get all worked up. Irrational fear does nothing but worsen these situations.

Secondly, get a terror plan together. Some gold, some nonperishables, an extra can of gas, a first aid kit,candles, matches. A plan of where to go. The reality is, in ANY bad situation, there may be some disruption in supplies and services, and you will sleep better being prepared.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• some nonperishables, an extra can of gas, a first aid kit,candles, matches. A plan of where to go. The reality is, in ANY bad situation, there may be some disruption in supplies and services, and you will sleep better being prepared.

____

Ain't that the truth....you need all of this for hurricane season here so these are VERY good "just in case" iseas.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 9:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• You need to stop smoking reefer...
    Anonymous

• ^^^^^^ HAHAHA I AGREE!!... I plan on sleeping in my bed, between my covers, where I sleep every night...
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• High five, ba13ygrl1987!!

-from Anon 1112
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• i bet my whole family would go live with my mother in mexico.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Because Mexico would be better then here???? WHAT? Mexico is like 2.... were like 5... if we hit 2... mexico goes negative one... get the comparison??? If the US is in a depression, Mexico is not the place you want to be
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 1:50 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• Well, since we are self sufficient and produce our own food I suppose that is what we will eat. Our only problem will those from the city that come looking for a handout. I can feed our immediate and extended family and some friends, but that is it. We have the ability to live without electricity and have our own supply of water. No bank mortgage on the farm so we will be staying right here as we have everything we need right here. Good luck to the rest of you, but don't come down my driveway looking for anything. And for the one who said get some gold, well then what will you do with it? Most cashier's would laugh at you if you tried to pay with a gold coin, they don't know what it is. And at $900 dollars an ounce that is one really expensive loaf of bread. Better to save other coins, especially nickels and pennies (metal value more than coin).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:03 AM on Jun. 25, 2009