Have any other single mom's cried their eyes out and then hugged their kids and felt much better?

So I had a pitty party for myself this afternoon, I broke down crying after my four kids were running around the house making messes that i had already cleaned up, they were screaming at each other and my twin girls that are six were fighting as usual. My house isnt always in a up roar like this but today it just seemed like my freaking head was going to literally explode! I just went into my room and cried my eyes out, I yelled at GOD because I had no one else to yell at and while I am crying in their I could still hear the kids in the other room still screaming at each other and turning up the tv, etc. So of course I cried more!! But after I cried till i couldnt cry anymore, I unlocked my door and it wasnt so loud. i called out for my twin daughter to come see me. I told her to come snuggle with me like she loves, and I felt so much better. Her hug felt so good at that moment I could get up and get things back on track!

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• My husband is deployed and whenever I feel down or upset or out of tears (which happens SOOO frequently!) she gives me a hug, lays on my lap or snuggles with me. It's the only thing that ever gets me out. I really don't know what I would do without her.... i prob wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 9:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I feel the same exact way
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I try not to cry in front of my kids,they will call 911, and everybody else and say she is sick and can't breath. A good hug will make anybody feel better, I hope your days are brighter and you too 07lilmama1108.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Thanks
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• thank you lady-t!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My 11 month old seems to just know when I'm upset. He usually wants to be running around and hates being held, but if somethings wrong he'll give me cuddles. Its amazing.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 10:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I'm not a single mom, but the days that I have yet ANOTHER migraine and feeling like I just can't take one more minute, my guys will hug me and rub my back and that just makes it all better!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I am not a single mom, but at times, it certainly feels like I am a single mom. My son's cuddles makes me instantly realize that no matter how crappy things are going, or how miserable I am at any given minute, that life is going to be okay! If my SO and I get into a really bad fight, I usually go and pick up my baby, awake or sleeping, and hold him until I calm down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jun. 25, 2009