How can I get weight on my son???????????

My son is six months old and was a preemie. He had low birth weight and is a little over 10 pounds now. He eats between 3 and 5 jars of cereal a day along with nursing and high cal. formula, yet he lost weight instead of gaining. I'm worried. And he's number 8. I have NEVER had this problem before. All my other babies were big eaters and gained very well. Any advice?

ladyluke2007

Asked by ladyluke2007 at 9:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He may just be petite. My daughter was a preemie and has always been real tiny. she was 16
    pounds by her 1st birthday and barely 25 for her third birthday.

I would talk to your doctor if he's losing weight. If he's no help and your still concerned then get a second or even third opinion.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 9:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• WOW! This was posted a long time ago. For all those who read this, Elijah is now 20 months old and is about 25 pounds. He is very happy and healthy. I worked through all his weight issues. He is still small but all is going well.
    ladyluke2007

Comment by ladyluke2007 (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2010