Have you ever snuggled with your child while they are sleeping and.....

Have you ever snuggled with your son or daughter while they were sleeping and just rubbed there cheek lightly or rubbed their head, and thought about how innocent they look and are? I have actually done this when the house is finally not in a up roar and I just stared at her and started to cry, I dont know exactly why I was crying...it was like emotions took over me and I just realized how much I love my kids. How precious they are. lol of course its easier to do that when the are fast asleep but seriously has anyone else literally cried just thinking about how precious your child is, and how much you love them? It doesnt help any that I have been watching Nancey Grace lately and it makes me grateful to have my kids here with my healthy, and safe and know that i could never hurt my kids. God this world makes me sad sometimes knowing that not all moms love their kids like this. That a parent could actually take their life

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 9:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• yes... :) When my son was smaller I'd catch myself crying a lot... I was sad that knowing how innocent he is and then thinking how awful the world is I wanted to protect him from everything... Now he's 2 and I still go in every night and watch him for a while and just think what an amazing little boy he's turning into and how blessed I am to have him. He is my joy and no matter how the day went my time at night watching him is always special to me...
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• After a good friend of mine lost her 8-mo baby girl to a seizure last fall, I cherished my kids like no other. Of course, there are days now when I wish I could run away, but I try to remember that not everyone still has their little ones with them...
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 9:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Yes, I did it all the time when he was a baby/toddler and still do it today and he will be 13 on July 4th. He will always be my baby. He still looks like a little kid to me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• It's good to know I am not the only one who does this lol
    Princess_Sarah7

Answer by Princess_Sarah7 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I teared up just reading that! I actually feel that way quite a lot. Sometimes I just look up at one of my kids going about their day and just feel SOOO much love for them that I think I might burst. If only all kids grew up knowing that kind of love...
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 4:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I am 6 months pregnant right now and your question made me cry just thinking about how much I love my son. He has been the light of my life since he was born almost 8 years ago. I can not imagine life without him!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 7:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2009