Is it too soon to start potty training

my daughter is 22 months old and has started to take her diapers off after they are used but if she poops she puts her hands and her diaper and shows you. I bought her a little potty and she loves to bring it into the loving room and sit in it to watch tv. Do you think she is ready to start training or should i wait till she can tell me when she needs to go and not after she went?

mommadent

Asked by mommadent at 9:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• IMO she's ready... but if you aren't 100% sure here is a site that I've found very helpful! I've used it on everything from the time she was born to now and it tells you a bunch of different info! Hope it helps!!!

http://www.babyzone.com/loadpage/topic.asp?u=y&when=1&ulrname=potty_toilet_training&topiculrname=potty_toilet_training&
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• We started right at my son's second birthday, so 24 months. He was also showing interest at that time. By 28 months he was potty trained and by 30 months he was wearing underwear 24/7 during his naps and overnight. He never had an accident in his bed. If they are acting like they are ready, then it won't hurt to start initiating.
    Anonymous

• i think that she may just be ready but dont push her if in the middle of training her she doesnt want to do it any more then stop. but for me my son hes 25 months now but hes been showing signs for like 3 months but i didnt want to start bc i work a ful time job n im a single parent so i didnt want to rely on the baby sitters to have to keep up with the prosses. but since im going to have like 10 days off of work im going to get er done then!!! good luck n dont forget to have fun
    orion07

Answer by orion07 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2009